Volunteer and Donation Information
Residents looking to support ongoing relief & recovery efforts are encouraged to contact the below organizations:
- The Greater New Orleans Foundation has activated the Helping Our Neighbors: Tornado Relief. Donations can be made online.
- United Way of Southeast Louisiana is accepting monetary donations & seeking volunteers.
- The Food Pantry of New Orleans is accepting donations of non-perishable food items from the general public (Drop-off at 13040 I-10 Service Road, New Orleans, LA 70128).
- Second Harvest Food Bank is accepting donations of non-perishable food, toiletries and cleaning supplies (drop-off at 700 Edwards Ave., New Orleans, LA 70123).
- Household of Faith is the drop-off and distribution station for clothing, toiletries and nonperishable items. For additional information, please call 504.347.0127.
- Evacuteer scheduling meal delivery for the residents at the shelter. All restaurants and businesses interested in supporting, please email Kali Rapp Roy, Evacuteer Executive Director, at [email protected].
- Broadmoor Improvement Association is collecting needed items in Broadmoor and transporting the supplies to VAYLA’s headquarters, 13235 Chef Menteur Hwy (504-253-6000) for distribution.
- City Church of New Orleans, located at 13123 I-10 Service Road (just off the Bullard exit) is serving as a local distribution center for needy families.
- The Louisiana SPCA is collecting unopened dry cat and dog food and large air crates. Donations can be dropped off at the LA-SPCA (1700 Mardi Gras Blvd., 504-368-5191), Canine Connection (4920 Tchoupitoulas St., 504-218-4098), Camp Bow Wow (3301 Conti St., 504-309-9939), No Fleas Market (4228 Magazine St., 504-900-1446), and Demo Diva Demolition (6246 Memphis St., 504-486-4121).