Congratulations to The New Orleans Advocate on the opening of their prominent new office on St. Charles Avenue in Downtown NOLA. Located at 840 St. Charles Ave., it will house about 50 New Orleans-based journalists and advertising sales staff, as well as offices for the owners and publisher.
The building opened in 1949 as the showroom of Klein Motors, which sold Kaiser-Frazer automobiles, with its metal façade and use of glass and spare decoration, the building was one of New Orleans’ early examples of mid-century modern architecture. It was among the early works of Nathaniel Curtis and Arthur Q. Davis, who went on to design some of the city’s modernist landmarks, including the Superdome, the Rivergate and the New Orleans Public Library. Click here to read the full story.