The Downtown Development District of New Orleans (DDD) created the Downtown NOLA Awards as an annual program to recognize exceptional accomplishments of Downtown NOLA property owners, businesses, residents, workers and organizations. We want to honor the people and places that inspire, innovate and integrate the Downtown NOLA brand into their Downtown neighborhoods!
The DDD’s Downtown NOLA Awards Committee consists of a variety of Downtown leaders and DDD staff members. The Committee will review the nominations based on the evaluation criteria to determine the top 5 honorees.
The Committee will accept nominations until 11:59pm June 9, 2017.
Celebration and Recognition of Honorees:
The top 5 honorees will be announced to the public this summer and celebrated at the DDD Downtown NOLA Awards celebration luncheon on Friday, September 22, 2017.
Who is eligible?
Any Downtown property owner, business, resident, worker, organization or project is eligible; however, projects must be 100% complete by the nomination deadline, which is June 9, 2017, to be eligible in the current awards cycle.
- Provide a cover letter with the nominee’s name (person, business, development, program or organization). You must include your name, address, phone number and email as well as the nominee’s contact information.
- Each nomination should consist of a nomination summary up to 350 words that provides a clear and concise overview of why the project, business, organization or individual should be considered for an award.
- Include up to 5 images of the project, business, organization or individual being nominated. Images should be of high quality. Videos may be submitted in addition to photos.
- More than one nomination may be submitted; however a separate entry must be completed for each.
- Raising the Bar: establishing a high standard of excellence
- Innovation: a novel and creative approach
- Place-making: working with, enhancing or expanding the existing design and other assets of Downtown
- Collaboration: promotes collaboration within and/or between public and private partners
- Branding: Integrates and amplifies the Downtown NOLA brand
Nominees must meet at least one of the following criteria to be considered:
- Downtown Inspiration – Downtown property owner, business, resident or worker who is a leader, collaborator and advocate for Downtown development.
- iMinder – an individual with proven success in one of DDD’s core industries: arts-based businesses, digital media or biosciences.
- 3rd Space – “third space”, i.e. restaurant, bar, coffee shop, green space, etc., that provides a creative environment for people to collaborate, work and network.
- Development Project – an individual or organization that has completed a project that improves the quality of life Downtown.
- Adaptive Reuse – preservationists and owners of homes and businesses who keep the integrity of Downtown’s historic buildings while modernizing them for reuse.
- Façade Improvement Project – building owner or lessee that has invested in improving the appearance of their building’s façade. The façade improvement must be a quality renovation that will enhance and be consistent with the historical design, materials and architectural character reflected in the original design of the building.
- Public Improvement Project – local public works project that improved the environment of Downtown NOLA.
- Green Project – a resident, business or property owner that helps keep Downtown green.
- Best Kept Secret: Presented to one of Downtown’s gems that is low profile, but deserves recognition for its programs, services or amenities it provides to Downtown.