The safety of Downtown residents, workers, and visitors is a top priority for the Downtown Development District, and we are hiring a Public Safety Ranger Team Captain.
The DDD’s Public Safety Rangers are an integral part of Downtown New Orleans’ public safety network. These public safety professionals patrol Downtown on foot and bicycle. They provide a uniformed presence int eh DDD deterring crime, dispensing information, first aid and customer service to businesses and all who live, work, and play Downtown.
You can read the full job description HERE.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Public Safety Manager, Donald Clouse at email@example.com. Appllicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Conduct radio checks at the beginning of each Ranger’s shift.
- Authorize and keep track of requests for breaks.
- Respond to emergency calls from Rangers.
- Communicate with DDD office, NOPD, EMS, and other personnel as needed.
- Carry the Ranger phone in order to receive customer calls and communicate.
- Recommend to Public Safety Manager any special recognition or discipline (Team Captain will NOT be required to discipline Rangers, just to report all actions to Manager).
- Motivate Rangers to perform to the best of their abilities.
- All other duties of a Ranger.
- Work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and special events.
- In addition to the supervisory role, Team Captains are expected to perform Ranger duties in an exemplary manner during shifts supervised by the Lead Ranger.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as a member of a highly motivated and collegial team.
- Strong public relations and customer service skills – assertive, friendly, polite, confident, and professional.
- Must have a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a team environment and have a stable work history.
- Ability to present a clean and neat physical appearance.
- One year experience as a DDD Public Safety Ranger.